|Solos 100||5pm Friday 1 November 2019 (Kent Road)|
|Solos 50||6am Saturday 2 November 2019 (Omuturangi Rd)|
|Walkers||8pm Friday 1 November 2019 (Outside TSB Stadium)|
|Composite||11pm Friday 1 November 2019 (Outside TSB Stadium)|
|Runners||2.30am Saturday 2 November 2019 (Outside TSB Stadium)|
Event team starter packs must be collected from the TSB Stadium at Mason Drive, New Plymouth between 3.00pm and 9.00pm on Friday 1 November. Team manager or designated person to collect team packs.
Team Managers Briefing
There will be a compulsory Team manager’s briefing at 7.00pm on Friday 1 November at the TSB Stadium.
- Team managers will be sent an information pack after initial registration.
- Breakfast will be available at the Kaponga transition from 4.00am – 10.00am Saturday 2 November
- Toilets and PURE Sports Nutrition electrolyte and water will be available at all transitions..
- Team photos will be taken at the finish and available to purchase a week after the event.
- Massage tent/showers at the finish area.
- Live band, food/drink for sale leading up to prizegiving at 6.30pm,
Saturday 2 November (due to new alcohol laws No BYO).
If you contact us we can email your team photo for a small fee of $10.00. You can then share this with all the team or get some printed off. Email email@example.com and let us know if you want a photo crossing the line or a group photo. Payment can be made via internet banking to Westpac account Events Taranaki 03-0713-0464761-01 with your team # as a reference.
The event takes place on public roads which are open to other road users. All competitors must walk/run on the left hand side of the road during the hours of darkness. You must wear a reflective top and must provide your own head lamps. The Frontrunner will also have headlamps for sale on the Friday evening. For safety reasons those without the proper safety gear, including head lamps, will not be permitted to start. We will supply glow sticks/and flashing rear lights for teams. Please wear your team number on the front at all times. Supporter’s cars – please take extreme care and do not park within coned areas at transition zones.
Getting around the course
We would like to restrict the number of support vehicles staying with the team on the course at any one time to two. There are several options:
- Option 1. You have a large van that stays on the course following the team around and vehicles come and go during the Night / day shuttling new people out and those that have finished back to base.
- Option 2. Have 2 mini vans and every one supports the team and stays together for the duration getting in a few power naps where and when possible.
- Option 3. Divide the team into 3 or 4 groups. One van stays on the course while the team does the first legs. The 2nd van comes out and drops off a fresh group of competitors and brings the first group back to base. The final group is shuttled out at the appropriate time for the final change.
Plan to all meet at the top of Gover Street and cross the finish line together, we will capture this image for you.
Each team must consist of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18 walkers. Each walker must complete at least 1 leg but no more than 3 legs. There are 21 legs to be covered by the entire team. Start time for the walking teams is 8.00pm, Friday 1st November from the TSB Stadium.
Composite (Runners and Walkers)
Each team must consist of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18 participants. Each participant must complete at least 1 leg but no more than 3 legs. There are 21 legs to be covered by the entire team. Walkers (only) must complete legs 1,2,6,9,10,17,and 19. All other legs are optional walking legs. Start time for the composite teams is 11.00pm, Friday 1 November from the TSB Stadium, Mason Drive, New Plymouth.
100 Mile Solo Running Event – what an awesome effort by those that completed, some never having run that distance before. Check out Ultra runner Lisa Tamati’s training.
Each team must consist of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18 runners. Each runner must complete at least 1 leg but no more than 3 legs. There are 21 legs to be covered by the entire team. Start time for the running teams is 2.30am, Saturday 2 November from the TSB Stadium, Mason Drive, New Plymouth. (All legs are run legs.)
Taranaki Steelformers 100 Mile Run Event Information
November 1st & 2nd 2019 Start time 5.00pm
- The only 100 mile road running event in New Zealand.
- Opus International certified 100 mile course.
- $1000 to the first Male and first Female to finish.( Conditions apply- minimum of 5 entrants in each category)
- The 100 mile feature will run in conjunction with the existing all night all day Taranaki Steelformers Around the Mountain Relay Event.
- Buckles for finishers
- The course will be the same as the existing route with the exceptions being:
- The start line will be 8.km from the relay Start / Finish/ Line leaving at 5.00pm
- At Kaponga solo runners will travel down Manaia Rd to Manaia and then follow the Manaia /Opunake Rd to Opunake and then follow the existing course to the finish at New Plymouth.
- Times will be recorded at most transitions. The early transition areas may not be available.
- Participants must be finished by 6.00pm to be eligible for major spot prizes
- Final cut off time for an official finish time will be 8.00pm.
- Participants need to be self supporting. If you need help in this regard please contact us and we will try and get some local help for you.
- We have 21 transition stations for the relay teams which have Pure Sports Nutrition electrolyte and water, which is available to all participants.
- Entry fee $100.00
- Online entry from this site available now.
- Run briefing for Solo managers 3.00pm at the TSB Stadium Mason Drive Friday 3rd Nov 2017.
Business House Challenge
Trophy awarded to the first Business House team in the Walker, Composite and Runners category. If you are representing a business tick the Business House box.
All Relay Teams
There will be a special prize for the “Best dressed team” and the “Best themed team”
Sport Taranaki School Challenge which offers reduced entry fees and the same rules and conditions as the Runners relay.
The Taranaki Steelformer’s Around the Mountain Relay comprises of teams of between 10 and up to 18 members completing the 150km. There are 21 legs between 3 and 11km. You must have a minimum of 10 team members with a maximum of 18. There is no age limit for participation, however, participants under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
The event will start from the TSB Stadium in Mason Drive New Plymouth on Friday night and will culminate with a prizegiving on Saturday November 2nd 2019 at 6.30pm.
Get a team together and have a fantastic weekend in Taranaki in 2019.
Nutritional advice for training for the Event.
Maggie Radich is a Registered Dietician and a Taranaki local that has started up her own Private Practice – New Plymouth Nutrition – after working at Base Hospital and in the UK. She has completed extra training on top of a Masters degree to be a Sports Dietician. Download Nutritional strategies by Maggie here